Monday, June 23, 2008

Here I go again on my own...

The time has finally come for my trip to Beijing. I will be taking a course in phonology at the Michigan-Peking University Joint Institute. That is PHONology, not PHRENology - that is, I will be studying sounds, not the bumps on people's skulls. (I've had to explain that more than once...) Anyway, I'm packed and ready to get on my over 13 hour flight direct from Chicago to Beijing. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the youth hostel I'm staying at without any trouble before immediately passing out.
Anyway, I'll try to update this periodically in China, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to access the site there... If not, I will figure out some way of keeping in touch with everyone and telling you all about my month in Beijing. Talk to you all soon!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment