Saturday, February 3, 2007

Fontainebleau and Château de Cély

Our most recent trip was just outside of Paris at the Château de Fontainebleau. It is a gorgeous castle which was used by many French kings, like Francois I and Henri IV. It was a slightly cloudy day, but I got some beautiful pictures outside and inside:
This is the library:
Here is Marie Antoinette's bed, although she never actually slept in it...
The king's thrown. Looks pretty comfortable:
And this is Napoleon's bed. It was very short (there's a mirror in the back in case you can't see) and he had a couple stairs going up to it. This is just a wild guess, but I don't think he was too tall:
Courtyard hallway:
Napoleon I cologne, I'm not joking. Someone tried it on and said it smelled terrible:

Me, Molli, and Julie on the front steps:
Then we went to the Château de Cély, where we had a delicious three-course lunch. It was delicious and the first time I'd ever had lunch in a château!


Well, au revoir for now!

2 comments:

  1. Nice lunch spot. Beats potbelly's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! It's Cousin Eleanor from Detroit. Your Mom sent me the address of your Blog. I love the pictures. I was in France 3 years ago and loved it. Your pictures make me long to go back to France. I will be checking your blog regularly. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete