Thursday, July 3, 2008

An amusing tale...

Ni hao! I don't have much time, but I wanted to post a humorous story, or at least after a few days it seems much more humorous and Kathryn told me I had to post it...

So, I was meeting my group one afternoon/evening and was trying to catch a bus to the university around rush hour. The buses were jam packed, but a bus finally came that would take me to the right place, so I rushed to get on. I was the last one and was trying to make sure that I would get on, so I put my foot up on the step, thinking they wouldn't close the door with my foot there. Oh was I wrong... All of a sudden the doors shut close with my foot in the door. I pulled out my foot, but my sandal didn't quite make it and the bus immediately started moving with my shoe attached! Thank goodness for the crazy Beijing traffic (I will never say that again) because the bus stopped about 10 feet later to merge into traffic and I grabbed my shoe back.

That's right, a bus tried to steal my shoe. Thank goodness that is the closest I've come to anything of mine being stolen yet, which is much better than my trip to Barcelona...

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment