Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pictures galore (some even with blue sky)

I haven't been able to update a lot because I've been so busy with school (3-week classes are intense). Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

The first is my street (Chungfu Lu) on a sunny day:
Starbucks! It's called "Shing ba kuh" in Chinese, although I always pronounce it wrong because they have a sound we don't have in English (a voiceless alveopalatal fricative).


I also got a picture published on the BBC. See it here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7494999.stm
(picture 8 is mine, it's of a bunch of people on stairs with umbrellas).

The weather has definitely improved recently (and by weather I mean smog), so I'm not too worried about my health yet. Anyway, I'll try to post again soon!

Edit: In case the BBC ever takes my picture down, here's a screen shot:

2 comments:

  1. I you using "galore" in the Chinese sense??? I was only able to see 2. Congrats on your first publication - time to update your resume!! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read they were shutting factories and limiting cars- is that partly responsible for the blue sky? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete