Friday, July 4, 2008

Old Summer Palace

The newest pictures are from the Old Summer Palace, where I wandered around one afternoon. It is a very large place and I got lost a couple of times on the way there and on the way back (thank goodness a taxi ride back was only $1.50).

This picture is from a zig-zag bridge. It was really long and slippery, but I managed to get across it without any mishaps.This second picture I took after following some ooo's and ahh's from the crowd. Right off of a dock where they were taking people around in boats (you can see one in the background) were two beautiful birds. I could have asked someone what kind of bird it was, but I would probably either have gotten another Chinese word or a blank stare. But they were gorgeous.

This was another interesting bridge. It was the tallest one I saw by far.

And that concludes the Old Summer Palace. This blog took me a little under an hour to completely upload, so there won't be very many pictures in the future... But plenty of stories! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment